Bonnie Elizabeth Watson – Graphic Designer and Artist
My name is Bonnie Watson and I am a recent graphic design graduate. Please look at the other pages to see some of the previous work I’ve done inside of class and out. I have had over three years in magazine work as part of the award-winning campus literary and visual arts magazine, Broken Ink. I have had three years of constant computer work in digital and traditional art. My goal is to start a career as an graphic designer and inspire others with my creativity and positive attitude.
- 3+ years of magazine work (design and layout)
- Customer-Service Oriented
- Dedicated and Focused
- Experienced in administrative office work
- Highly Efficient
- Strong Work Ethic
Graphic Design Internship, Aiken Center for the Arts, Aiken, SC – (July 2020 – December 2020)
Designed take-home activity kits available for purchase in the gift shop. Responsible for box selection, logo design, instructions, including an instructional video available on the website, and other collateral materials.
Various Positions (Part-Time), Broken Ink Literary Magazine, USC Aiken, Aiken, SC – (August 2017 – Current)
Responsible for designing cover and layout of 52nd volume of nationally award-winning student magazine, designed posters for organization and for events, organized and participated in selection process for magazine, helped coordinate student events on and off campus, edited and updated website and social media.
University of South Carolina Aiken – Bachelors in Technology Fine Arts (Graphic Design), Minor in Psychology – November 2020
• GPA 3.78 – Magna Cum Laude
• University of South Carolina Aiken Honors Program
• Dean’s List Recipient, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018
• President’s List Recipient, Spring 2019, Fall 2020,
• Pi Gamma Mu Member
• Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Recipient
• Chancellor’s Medal Recipient
• Aiken Rotary Club December 2020 Student of the Month
Cashier (Part-Time), The Fresh Market, Aiken, SC
June 2018 – Current
Responsibilities include handling money and credit transactions, running cash register, serving customers in various departments, and other duties as requested.
Server (Part-Time), The Old Edgefield Grill, Edgefield, SC
May 2017 – December 2019
Responsibilities include seating and serving customers, answering phones and recording reservations for customers, transactions, making change, and other duties as requested
Student Assistant (Part-Time), Nursing – USC Aiken, Aiken, SC –
September 2017 – Current
Responsibilities include assisting faculty and students, filing documents, sorting and distributing mail, assisting administration, and other duties as requested.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
• Handling money and credit card transactions
• Answering phones, taking messages, sending emails
• 3+ years in customer service
• 3+ years of cashier work experience
Let’s make something together.